Monday, July 12, 2010

The Foosball Table Pt 3

I know it has been a while, but finally some sort of observable progress has been made on the table.

Since the last post, I have scrapped the idea of laminating an MDF sheet for the playing surface, but instead am using a melamine particle board, which does not require laminating, and is far cheaper.

I have painted the playing surface with the lines as needed. This post will cover this process.

Firstly I tested the spray enamel on a number of test pieces to minimise run of the paint under the grain of the surface. I then taped the surface of the field. The width of all lines is 6mm, and I am avoiding having curved lines as this is a difficult process requiring far more time than what is needed.

I then simply sprayed a few thin coats over the required areas, as shown:

I then very nervously removed the paper and tape to reveal if what I had done was enough to ensure that the lines were accurate, straight, and the edges were tidy. I was pleasantly surprised:

Next I move to putting together the 5 box pieces with the game parts, then manufacturing the goal box housings, and finally the legs and inlaid glass top.

Once again, I shall see you next time.

Peace, Loads